Saturday, October 6, 2012

Vintage Ride - Lets Scrap Load Challenge #1 & #2

I didn't get to finish this layout in time for Lets Scrap Challenge last week. I was sidetracked by Audit issues as well as getting my reconciliation to completion. Then I was off to my husband's hometown for the funeral of my brother-in-law, Abdul Hakim. He passed away on Thursday, September 4, 2012, approximately around 7:15 am at Slim River Hospital. Even though my layout was complete, the final touches weren't. Today I got to complete it and it's sad to let it pass without sharing to my online friends. So glad there's the Load Challenge at Lets Scrap. This layout is based on this sketch:


And here's the layout:

Location: Danga Bay, Johor Bharu, 26 December 2011
Supplies used: Pp - Echo Park Everyday Eclectic
Cardstock - Nicole
Brads - Delfino and Momoyo
Sentiments - Simple Stories Destination Travel Notes;
WeRMemoyKeepers White Out Chipboard;
Paper Boutique
Home & Decor Adhesive Lace
Paper Boutique Alphas

Zahra' was extremely excited to discover these 'vintage' vehicles and she rode in everyone of them. But the highlight of the event was at night so we promised to take her again to the Fun Park. These photos were taken at Danga Bay, Johor bharu where there have a large Theme Park there. We were on a 3 day vacation there last year and it was positively a road down memory lane for me.
For this layout, I bought 3 new pattern papers (Echo Park and Simple Stories), and Momoyo Brads. The rest were from my stash.


3 comments:

  1. Pretty title :) Love the vintage feel. So happy you get this done...so what is next? Happy scrapping sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you doubled up some of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Lili. Thank you so much for dropping into my blog and leaving a lovely comment on my Good Thoughts post. I am sorry that you were having those Audit problems, but I'm glad the quotations helped you in some little way. I love to take photographs as well. I had a DSLR last Christmas, but, like you, I am still trying to learn to use it, apart from with the Auto settings. Look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...