Friday, February 1, 2013

The Joys of Motherhood

Another layout for Colourful Creations. This time it's for DT Roulien Stanhnke's Challenge - Counting Blessings. This is her challenge:
February is the month of love!! Scrap about someone or something you love having in your life!

Requirements for this challenge:
1. Use a minimum of 2 photos on your page;
2. Use at least 3 hearts . . . they can be punched, brads, misted, cut from paper . . . anything as long as I can count at least 3;
3. Handwritten journaling;
4. 4 or more brads

I decided to use photos of my mum and my daughter for this layout. The reason is very simple. Both of them had taught me the full meaning of Motherhood. Mum showed me by example; though, I admit half of my life I don't really understand her role fully. All I know is she is there to care for my needs, prepare food for us to eat, buy things we or the family need. She was there when I came from school; she was there when I need someone to talk to (not all the time I can confide in her, though); she was there to reprimand me or to groom me. She was just a responsible mother who sets those examples for me and my sisters to follow. It wasn't until I become a mother, I realise her full responsibility. She took care of me and my baby during confinement. She taught me how to bring up my baby and till today she never cease to remind me how to care for my daughter. She is still always there when I need her and it is always soothing to hear her voice.
As for my daughter, she is a beautiful girl growing up. I still miss the first year of her life where the baby sitter enjoyed her first words, her first food, her first steps and her first milk tooth. In the long run, she taught me the meaning of patience, the meaning of controlling my anger, the meaning of mother-daughter friendship and the meaning of caring. Both of them taught me great lessons in life and they are my Blessings.
This is the layout to show how much they mean to me and how grateful I am for having them.

Location: Melaka and Ampang, respectively
Supplies: Kaisercraft Love Notes Collection
Kaisercraft Rub-ons
Flowers - Momoyo, Petaloo
Hearts - Momoyo, KCK, KaisercraftBrads - Momoyo
Tag - Kaisercraft
Doily
Coredinations Cardstock


TFL

xoxo Lili Sulastri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...