Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Wrapping Up 2020 - Ironing Day 2

 So far so good. I am able to maintain what I had set out to do. As always I was sidetracked. 

It was raining fairly heavily this morning. I decided to take the opportunity to deep clean the balcony, not all of it, only a section of it. I really scrubbed the molds of the walls and floor in the rain. I did stop before the rain did and went to take a shower. By the time I am done, the rain had stopped and this is the result of my work. Not 100% cleaned and I know I need to do another round of scrubbing. Maybe at the start of 2021, I shall start to paint the wall. Give the balcony a new look.

Scrubbed floor and wall in the rain.

This area will be next. Probably in 2021

These need to be reorganized. I had replanted the
Snake plants and one pot is for my sister

After the shower I started to do my second round of ironing. Growing up with my parents, I noticed how mum will painstakingly ironed Dad's Naval uniform. Everything has to be crisp and there should always be one line at the sides of the pants and sleeves. At the time the Royal Malaysian Navy was under British command. Inspection of Uniform and shoes was forever in order. Shoes has to be very well shined that you can see your reflection. I remember how mum would starch Dad's uniform so that she could give them a good ironing. Then materials for uniforms changed. Starching was no longer required and ironing became a little easier.

Yes, we have come a long way from that time. Materials had evolved many times over and now there is not much ironing or no ironing is required. Unless one is in the Force. Being a first born, I was trained to iron clothes the way the Uniforms were ironed and I have not really grown out of it. Everything has to be sharp and crisp. But once worn, the crispness really flew out of the window.

Done ironing

Done ironing

What is left after Day 2. Feeling satisfied. Mission almost
accomplished.

Thank you for stopping by. Stay safe. Before I forget Have a joyous, wealthiest, and healthiest 2021 everyone.






2 comments:

  1. There is so much work to be done around the house that we can never really complete all the work. After a while they get dirty again but that is life. I too have many things on my to-do list for the coming year and I am now too lazy to think about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never make plans as to what I am going to do today or tomorrow or the day after.I just take everything in stride. Today I end up helping my daughter with her assignments. I end up learning more than I had before.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...