Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Moyang (Great-grandmother)

MOYANG is the Malay term for Great-grandmother or great-grandfather. My mother-in-law is so much blessed because she can call herself a wife, a mother, a grandmother and her latest title great-grandmother. To-date she has 5 great-grandchildren and at 75 (approximately - need to reconfirm) she is a grand dame. Oops! I must not omit my father-in-law. He, too, is priviledged to earn the title of husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
My grand niece and grand nephew are really lucky children because they have a great-grandma. I know great-grandmas as a dying breed because many women are getting married at a late age. I think the trend is reversing now where more and more girls are marrying earl, so it will be a bonus for their mothers to earn the title Grandma; let alone Great-grandma.
This photo was taken in 2010 at my sister-in-laws house at Bukit Beruntung. We went to her house for a Aidil-Fitri gathering. The great-grandson, Aniq, is from her second grand-daughter, Nurul while the great-grand-daughter, Miasarah, is from her eldest grandson, Fakhrulzaman.
This layout is created for a challenge at Another-freaking-scrappy-challenge (I discovered while browsing one of the blogs I followed). The requirement is to scrap a Generation. I have used up most of my Generation photos for other challenges and when I found this photo in my pile of photos, I decided to work on this layout immediately. Here's the layout:

Location : Bukit Beruntung, Selangor
Supplies: Prima Moulin Rouge Collection
Bo Bunny sentiment
Momoyo & American Thickers Alphas
Flowers - Kaisercraft, Prima
Washi Tape
Momoyo Lace Border sticker
Blings
Washi Tape
Momoyo Brads
Collage Press Tag
Doily Paper

Close-up of the sentiment
TFL.


Love and Hugs Lili Sulastri

3 comments:

  1. Lili Sulastri, it is a pleasure to have your work on our blog. Your layout is beautiful, and I too would be very proud to be a great-grandmother one day. Thanks for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge ... I hope we see your work here again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful ! How great to have her still around, and she's still young for a great grandmother I think and looks great ! Great take on the challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome layout! Please tell her how young and beautiful she looks! Great page, thanks so much for hanging with us at at AFSC!
    Hugs from NY

    Mitra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...