Friday, January 30, 2015

Live, Laugh, Love

I was helping hubby with some spring-cleaning yesterday, and I came across a folder that I had never opened in a long time. When I flipped open it, I saw this layout I created somewhere between 2005 or 2006.
See how pathetic it looks. Just an A4 cardstock and border stickers. Since I was lost for a title for this layout, it remained in the folder until today. An extremely clean and simple layout for one who was starting with scrapbooking at the time. Yes, supplies was hard to come by because I had no idea where to get them. Plus, I wasn't creative enough to make my own embellishments. In simple language, I was totally naive about scrapbooking.

One of my earlier layouts of Zahra'. She was 1yr 5 months at the time

I decided to revamp this layout by cutting out the photos and redo them using newer supplies and newer sketches. After starring very hard at it and still deciding what to do, I chose to leave it as it is but give it some uplifting.

This is the new look with addition of pattern paper and embellishments. Just a minor touch-up to remind me of how I started my scrapbooking adventure then and now. Not much has changed because I still prefer the clean and simple look. For this layout, I decided to use the busy pattern paper before it becomes antique and left forgotten.

Zahra' was always a cheerful child, but extremely mischievous. She is the dutiful child who would be in bed by 8:00 pm every night without fail. When the clock struck 10:30 pm, she would be up like clockwork, get out of bed, sat on her dad's lap, and together they would watch 'Justice Pao'. This was one of the Kungfu serials that she would watch with her dad every night until the series ended.This was taken after she finished watching one of the series and to get her back to bed again was very tough. She develops a love for Martial Arts very early in life and unfortunately, she did not complete her Tae-kwan-do.

Location: Jalan 4M, Ampang
Supplies : Kaisercraft pp
Pop Arts Flowers
Punched out Flowers using Sunlit Silhouette punch
Kaisercraft diecut flower
Kaisercraft Wooden Flourish
Paper boutique Title




xoxo


Lili Sulastri









1 comment:

  1. Hi Lili! What a pleasant surprise that you visited my blog! Helene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...