Saturday, February 27, 2016

Spring

It was the beginning of Spring when we visited Seoul in April 2015. The flowers were blooming beautifully and with an array of colors. Unfortunately, it was raining when we get down from the bus but we were so excited to see the Cherry Blossom, it doesn't really matter.
This is another Mixed Media Art (and up-cycled project) from me and very ambitious, too, because I used a 28 x 38 cm chipboard. Believe me when I said that I had coated the background with 5 coats of Acrylic paints. First I apply white Gesso to the chipboard (saved from a file that was going to the bin). Initially I wanted a green background, then changed my mind and coloured it Terracota. As I had nothing in mind about what project to do with it, I leave it lying around for weeks. When I saw the photo while going through my stacks of photo, I repaint the chipboard. I used three coats of paint to achieve the final background.
Since the challenge :

{Stencil Sunday #32} + February Mixed Media Challenge


is Anything goes, I am not bound by stringent rules and regulations which is to my liking. All I need is Stencils.

Seoul, Korea
Supplies - Chipboard (28 x 38 cm), Handmade "Art Design" Flowers, KCK Shaker Title,
Martha Stewart Deco Stencil, Kaisercraft Brick Stencil, Enogreen pp, Acryclic paints,
Reeves Gesso, Reeves Modelling paste

 Entering this Mixed media layout to this site Stamplorations.







1 comment:

  1. Look at all those lovely layers! I really like your whole process of adding visual interest. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...