Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tickled

The wonderful news, my friends, I made it to round 11 of So You Think You Can Scrap challenge at Colourful Creations. As the number of participants shortened, the degree of difficulty of the challenges keep growing. I have to really step out of my comfort zone so many times for each round. This particular layout really put my thoughts to test.
As I don't have a 5R photo at hand, I decided to cut the cardstock to 8.5x7.5" and mat the photo to meet the requirement of the first photo on the left. The black quill on the top left-hand corner didn't show very well compared to the 2 white ones.

MUST USE EVERYTHING LISTED BELOW:
4 Photos (can be colored or b&w)
Black & White ONLY
Quilling
Masking
Paint
Swirls
6 Brads
Handwritten Journaling
Make your own layered 3d embellie
stay true to the sketch



Here's the layout:
Location: MAFEC
Supplies: Krozeol Placemat
B & W Cardstocks
Paint
Zig Pen for Journalling and doodling of Swirls
Sunlit and Carla Punches
Foam Alphas
Momoyo Brads
Cardstock to create quills

Krozeol Placemat as template to create the masked background
I bought this placement 6 years ago to use as a template for my background. Well, it did come to life 6 years later.

The painted masked background


TFL


xoxo

Lili Sulastri

2 comments:

  1. Oooohh, LOVE LOVE your background stamping!!!. Lili, finally you're doing mixed media :). It is too fun, isn't it?. Please do more of this, make every layout unique, flexible and your own. I have stopped using store-bought embellishments altogether because, the paints & mediums just work like magic. Cheap & good works for me :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME double ... the way you have scraped this page shows off the photos just beautifully! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...