Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blessed

I am truly blessed because I still have my mom. She means the world to me and I really love her very much. I created this layout for Colourful Creations "Say It With Words Challenge and the Word for January 2013 is BLESSED. I wasn't sure which photos to choose because I am blessed for having my husband, my daughter, my sisters, my brothers, my extended family, my job, my health, etc., etc. The Hearts that I bought from Wedding Favours changed all that. My heart was calling out to me to scrap this photo of myself with my dearest mommy. Thank you to my brother, Muhammad Nasser for this photo. As I grow in age, my time with my mom is very limited and photos with her is getting rare. Here's the layout:
Location: Melaka
Supplies: Kaisercraft Love Note, Unknown from stash
Flowers - Prima
Bling from stash
American Craft Thickers Alpha
Momoyo Ribbon
Momoyo Brad
Decorative Lace
Doilies
Vintage Doilies from Papercraft Mag
Kaisercraft Rubons
I also entered this layout to Sketches4all Challenge under Lisa's Monthly Mayhem and her January Challenge was "Out With The Old, In With The New". Here's the term & conditions:

OK, ladies! Time to kick off a new year with some more scrapping mayhem. In keeping with the recent New Year festivities, I am challenging you to use up your old supplies and show off your new goodies.

Rules:
1. Project must include at least one item you have had in your stash for a year or more AND at least one item that is new in the last 30 days (come on - admit it... do any of us really go more than 30 days without adding SOMETHING new to our stash?)
2. The new item can include paper, embellishments, ribbons, stamps, ink, even new tools you may have acquired in the past month (e.g., I was lucky to get a Silhouette Cameo from Santa that you can bet I'll be using).
3. The old item should be something that you are truly using up - paper, embellishments, etc. Since the challenge is partly about "out with the old" the idea is to reduce your stash (to make room for new stuff - ha ha) so just using an old tool or old stamp isn't good enough.
4. Any type of project is OK - layouts, cards, tags, altered items, mixed media
5. Project must be new as of today
6. Project must be posted to this thread and to the gallery by January 31 11:59pm PST
7. OK to combine with other challenges

All of my supplies with the exception of the vintage doilies (2 days old) and the hearts (one day old) were from 2010 to 2012.

TFL.


xoxo LILI SULASTRI

1 comment:

  1. Sweet layout! Love the photo of Mom & U! Pretty hearts you have! Any spare? lol =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...