Thursday, January 16, 2020

De-cluttering - Day 1

Hello! Welcome to my blog.

This is my first entry for year 2020 and I am going to do a series of posts on de-clutter. I may alternate with de-stashing from time to time as this is also another project on my mind.

De-cluttering was actually a project I wanted to do throughout December 2019. Even though I have been working on it from time to time, there is still a lot more to be done. For starters, I shall work on smaller areas daily or when time permits.

Unfortunately, the project was on hold after I met with a little accident where I fell into a drain and fractured my fifth metatarsal of my right foot. As a result I end-up recuperating at my mother's house in Melaka for six weeks.

I am on my feet albeit slowly. Making progress with walking without the aid of the walker.

My first day of de-cluttering was the main dining table.

This was how the dining table was before decluttering. For starters, I had the plate and
mug removed to the kitchen. The biscuit tin, I had contents reorganized. The newspaper
went into the box for selling items to the junkyard.

Close-up of the corner that was really taking up so much space.
The plastic went into the plastic bin to be used to line the rubbish bin later.
the mug went to the sink to be washed and returned to the mug cabinet. The
scrapbooking items all went back to their respective 'containers'. Any personal
and private letters went to the shredding machine. Any unwanted items went straight
to the rubbish bin.

The biscuit container after being reorganized. Out it went to the cabinet where it belonged.
The contents of the plastic container with the red lid went into the rubbish bin and the
container to be washed and returned to where it should belong. Notice the crochet ball?
It went back to the crochet bag.

These scrapbooking items went back to their respective containers for now. Will be taken
out again when I start de-stashing.

This is how it looks like after relocation, thrown out, shredded and placed
into the box for sale to the junkyard. The kitchen towel roll will be returned to the kitchen
and replaced with serviettes. The two cookies will be eaten and the container removed.

The pile of books will remain until such time as I read them regularly - once
in the morning and once in the evening. The green cutting mat will be there
for a while as that is going to be my corner for creating. I do not have a
designated room to do my layouts. That will be my work place and I must always
remember to clean up after every project.

The aftermath of the de-cluttering process may not be 100% perfect. At least I shall have a working space for my creativity and a spot for us to have our dinner with less clutter.

Thank you for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...