Wednesday, January 22, 2020

De-cluttering : Day 4

Not much was done on Sunday. I wanted to go to IKEA to view the kitchen cupboard before making a final decision whether to purchase or not. Then to buy some groceries as we are practically running out of food supplies.

At IKEA. After viewing the the kitchen cupboard, I decided not to buy it after all. I don't like the design and the material of the cupboard at all. I may look at other furniture shops for the cupboard to my liking. In the end we bought the kitchen island and two Book cases. One for me and one for hubby. I just don't want to have to fight for space with him.

I spent more time cleaning and organizing on Monday and Tuesday instead of de-cluttering. At the same time I focused on my crochet so as to get more done.


Today I decided to clear the area beside the cupboard. I had them relocated to another spot temporarily. Even though I planned to view the contents of the box files especially, later, I changed my mind and did it immediately. Glad I did. I was able to remove half the contents of each box files (two of them) and had them moved to the junkyard box. In its place I filled them up with items from a bag that was sitting in one corner of the living room for some time. In the end I was able to de-clutter another part of the living room which was not on the agenda yet. Does feel good, really.

Note: I had used this photo before.
The cupboard is now empty of its contents. Today I had the
items on the left relocated.
This is how it looks like now. After relocating the items, I had the
area mopped and cleaned. Will have another round of mopping
done when I cleared the table before setting up the kitchen island.

Thank you for stopping by.


4 comments:

  1. You did a good job. I am good at de-cluttering but hubby is the opposite. Whenever he couldn't find anything, he thinks I threw them away. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you will find the right kitchen cupboard. You did a good job clearing and de-cluttering and now you have more space next to your cupboard. I need the right mood for de-cluttering and clearing my things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been super busy and very organized...looks great! Looking forward to your recent update of de-clutter! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very good job Lili! I love cleaning but it tends to be a challenge for me to extend my cleaning outside of my bedroom because, let's keep this a secret but my dad and brother doesn't love cleaning. They are fans of "putting stuff anywhere and not where its from" so before it frustrated me, but now I lived to just see past their clutter HAHAHA

    But I love the way you de-cluttered and now it looks more organized :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...