Monday, November 16, 2020

30 Bags in 30 Days - Bag 23

 Welcome to another day of Bag collection. I didn't use plastic bag this time but a box where I had collected paper items to sell to the junkyard. Usually I would go either on Saturday or Sunday to sell my wares. Last Saturday was an exception because it was a public holiday. The Hindus were celebrating Deepavali or Diwali and as the operators here are all Indians I know the yard will not be open. So I chose to go on Sunday, instead. I figured I would have all the bags ready to go and cleared the house of these junks.

Ready to to be sold to the yard

On Sunday, I was really excited to gather all the bags that I had put together and in my mind can clear the living room a bit more. These were put out onto the porch and ready to go into the car.

All the other days' bags ready now

When we reached the yard,  we were down because the yard was still closed. I guess this is their very much earned holiday after working so hard everyday except Monday. I shall give them until next Saturday, though. In the meantime I hope to gather more items to let go.

This morning I went to Ampang Hospital for my routine physiotherapy. I was excited not so much for the therapy but on the idea of depositing the books I had gathered for donate. Yes, these books finally had a new home and I do hope will have new owners, too. It was with both sadness and happiness letting the books go actually. Deep down I know it was for a good cause. It is a win-win situation. I can create more space on my bookshelves and someone may benefit from reading the books. In syaa Allah.

How nice to see them at their 'New Home'

The bookshelves at the hospital

The notice that caught my attention 
the previous month

I really love the Caption

While waiting for my name to be called, I was flipped through some magazines at the waiting room. The oldest magazine was dated 2012. Thess magazines may be dated but the contents and ideas are still evergreen. That gave me an idea. I normally would sell my magazines after reading them. This time I shall select the really best ones and leave them on the waiting room coffee table. 

To wrap up the day, I want to show the cats that have dominated our house. These cats are not mine but they are regulars at my house because we feed them everyday. Their mother was a street cat using my balcony to give birth to them. Much as I love cats, I just don't have the time to give them much tender loving care.

Sufi and Sofea. They love to sleep on the floor near the door
so husband placed the towel to make them feel more comfortable.

This is Tompok. She loves to sleep on the bed and
no amount of shooing will keep her off.

Thank you for stopping by and read my rambling. Will stop now to continue with my crochet for a while before hitting the sack. Good night everyone. Have a pleasant day and stay safe. Take care.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...