Tuesday, November 10, 2020

30 Bags in 30 Days - Bags 21 and 22

I took a long break. Yes, 6 days break from my last post. My right arm starts hurting again and I wasn't sure what is really causing the pain. It is a recurring pain and happens when I start to do more rough work continuously. I decided to give my arm a rest and just focus on mundane chores that do not require much lifting. 

Good evening everyone. I am continuing with my challenge again but in my own time. I was telling my daughter I did throw away a lot of things, donate some and sold some, yet it looks like I have not done anything at all. There is not much reduction as I had hoped for. Then I remembered, I merely pull things out to either trash or sell or donate but I didn't do any cleaning and reorganizing. The only cleaning and reorganizing I did was for the book shlef and it does make a lot of difference. Now I wonder if I should do them simultaenously or leave the cleaning and reorg later.

Well it does take quite a while for me to fill up bag 21. I realise that the items I see to throw is getting less and less. I have to really dig up from hidden areas to speed things up. This is one example where I had kept this file under the bed. After going through, I realise the plastic folders had to be discarded. Can no longer be used because some has become brittle and some has yellowed. Most of them has become hard. Probably the weather is not suitable for long term use. The file has also been removed from under the bed. How nice.

The plastic folders had to go because it is hardening
and yellowing. Some becoming brittle.


Then I went through the coffee table drawer . What a mess. After emptying all the contents I was able to segregate them into trash, to keep, to relocate and to sell.

Before

After

It was really pleasing to see the drawer rearranged after doing the necessary. So here is bag 21 which I quickly sent out to the trash bin.

Trash

The next thing I did was pull out a box file that was hidden under the stairs. I was surprised to find more P&C documents and I chose to empty the contents and start shredding them. 

Before

After. I decided to fill this up with my
Craft Mags until I am able to buy a book
case.

Bag 22 was much faster to fill up actually. I only take breaks to give time for the shredder to cool down. It means I have more items to sell to the junkyard which I didn't get to go to last Saturday.

Shredded papers to sell to the junkyard

It is drizzling a little at the time of writing this post. In all honesty, I miss going out and take nice photos. I hope I can do more photo shoots soon. I just hope this CMCO will go away.

Thank you for stopping by. Take Care and Stay Safe. Good night.





2 comments:

  1. De-cluttering the house is not an easy job. Sorry that your arm is hurting. Hope it has improved after much rest. My fingers joints hurt when I do too much heavy work and after standing long hours my feet are hurting too. Signs of wear and tear after all the hard work. Its wonderful to be able to clear away so much trash and tidy up the whole house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. De-cluttering is not an easy job especially when you are so attached to your collections. This is the hardest part, really. Once I get it done, I do feel the satisfaction out of it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...