Monday, November 2, 2020

30 Bags in 30 Days - Bag 18 Trash

 The first time I saw t-shirt yarn was when I was at Spotlight. As I was holding it, I thought I could crochet a rug. Nah.....I shall buy that later, I was telling myself then.

Then I was purging clothes to be donated. I came across some t-shirts that I could not donate because there were tears beyond repair, out of shape or stained. These were good to be trashed. While taking a break, I watched you-tube and there was a project on how to make yarn out of t-shirts. I was glued and fascinated. Returning to my t-shirts, I decided to create yarn out of them. Later I shall crochet them into a rug. So I can forget about buying the yarn at Spotlight and I am able to recycle what I already have in my stash.

Clothes to be trashed

The t-shirts that I am going to make yarn out of. 
I have completed one ball of yarn. I am going to 
make out more yarn before trashing the
remains.


Will be right back. I stopped for a while to prepare dinner. First I want to pray my Asar prayers.

The final product. 4 Balls of t-shirt yarn. All I 
need is the right size needle to crochet
these yarns.

How the bag finally looked. It would have been
full had I not taken out the t-shirts.

As a finale, I want to show my backyard bliss. After months of planting the Winged Beans and giving it TLC, finally the plant bear fruits. Since it turned and twisted itself around the banana tress for support, the beans are very high up to be collected.

Close-up of the Winged Bean.

Thank you for stopping by. Appreciate your comments and suggestions to improve my write-ups and photography.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...