Sunday, November 1, 2020

30 Bags in 30 Days - Bags 16 and 17

 I wanted to save on plastic bags so I decided to merge the contents of Bag 15 into Bag 16 which is much bigger as previously posted. So that bag is now bag 15.

Today I am having Bags 16 and 17. Moving on, I have put together two bags today, one for trash and the other for recycling simultaenously. This way I hope I can speed up the purging or decluttering process as I am eager to start on my scrapbooking layouts. 

Bag 16 - Trash. Tomorrow is Trash day so it
means I will not see this bag again

Bag 17 - To sell to the junkyard. Will put everything
together and in syaa Allah, I will go the junkyard
this coming Saturday.

After working hard gathering stuffs for Recycle, Reuse or Trash, I decided to take a break and give my plants some TLC. They really deserve it. Also I need to give my mind a rest, too.

My few collection of the Genus: Coleus

Taken from Wikipedia: Coleus is a genus of annual or perennial herbs or shrubs, sometimes succulent, sometimes with a fleshy or tuberous rootstock, found in the Old World tropics and subtropics. These were given to me by both my sister, Asmah and sister-in-law, Fuziah. I hope to find more varieties to add to my collection.

One of my favourite Cactus. This is an example of 
a Globular cacti because it is almost always
solitary in nature.

From Wikipedia: cactus (plural cacticactuses, or less commonly, cactus)[3] is a member of the plant family Cactaceae,[Note 1] a family comprising about 127 genera with some 1750 known species of the order Caryophyllales.[4] The word "cactus" derives, through Latin, from the Ancient Greek κάκτοςkaktos, a name originally used by Theophrastus for a spiny plant whose identity is now not certain.[5] Cacti occur in a wide range of shapes and sizes. Most cacti live in habitats subject to at least some drought. Many live in extremely dry environments, even being found in the Atacama Desert, one of the driest places on earth. Cacti show many adaptations to conserve water. Almost all cacti are succulents, meaning they have thickened, fleshy parts adapted to store water. Unlike many other succulents, the stem is the only part of most cacti where this vital process takes place. Most species of cacti have lost true leaves, retaining only spines, which are highly modified leaves. As well as defending against herbivores, spines help prevent water loss by reducing air flow close to the cactus and providing some shade. In the absence of leaves, enlarged stems carry out photosynthesis. Cacti are native to the Americas, ranging from Patagonia in the south to parts of western Canada in the north—except for Rhipsalis baccifera, which also grows in Africa and Sri Lanka.

The above cactus is one of 11 species I have in my collection. I bought it at Cameron Highlands on 30 September 2018. After two years, it has reached to the current size.

Thank you for stopping by. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...