Wednesday, October 7, 2020

30 Bags in 30 Days - Day 1 Trash and Recycleable

 I was excited to try out my favourite youtuber's "My Great Challenge" for her 30 day box challenge. In her case she used Laundry Basket instead of a box. Initially I wanted to use a box. Then I remembered I had all the boxes sold to the recycling center on Sunday. Then I thought of using laundry basket. This is a no-no for me, too, because I have to purchase one for this purpose and it is not feasible. In the end I settle on the normal grocery plastic bag which will have to go eventually. Please note, if you choose either the box or the basket, make sure before the day is over the box or basket is emptied accordingly. Otherwise you will end up with nothing going to the trash, or donate or recycling centre.

The idea for this challenge is simple. Take a box or laundry basket or plastic bag and walk around the house collecting items that are for thrash, for donate or for the recycling centre. I don't have much items left to donate as I had donated a huge chunk of my clothes, books and mugs. Then again, I may find more hidden items to donate. Who knows.

There are a couple of ways to do this. You can cover the entire house and just pick those that will fall into the three categories. Another way is to focus on area by area for eg the kitchen, the living room, the master bedroom, the kid's room or the spare room, the balcony or even the bathroom. Today my focus was the kitchen because today is garbage day and I don't want to see what I had collected hanging around the house any more.

I like to collect glass bottles with the intention of creating something arsty out of it. I realised I do not have much time for it now so these bottles will have to go. I knew I had let go a large amount of glass bottles as I did my decluttering process. Still worth checking out.

Yes, I did manage to collect one plastic bag of the bottles. I am keeping only four bottles because I am going to make a juice for the heart and will store them in the bottles for refrigeration. With help from the child we washed the bottles, boiled them and dry them.

These four are kept for use
later

These are all that is left for me to
trash. I have to be quick 
because the Garbage 
Truck will be arriving any
minute now.

So this is my day 1 of one plastic bag a day challenge. By the way, this challenge means you are not supposed to mix the daily trash just so as to make up for the one bag daily. This is not the purpose of this challenge. The process is to really declutter in a manageable way that will really work to your advantage. 

For today I am done and I am happy about it. I have also collected items for the recycling centre and I have put a box solely for this purpose. I hope by the thirtieth day, I would have filled up the box and ready to sell.

Thank you for stopping by. Wish you all a happy day. Stay Safe. Stay Healthy. Stay Home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...