Saturday, October 31, 2020

30 Bags in 30 Days - Bags 15 and 16 Recycleable

I am delayed with my post because I did not have access to the computer. On the other hand, I am glad I did not post Day 15 because I realise I have to have a bigger trash bag to fill the shredded documents.

I had been filling Bag 15 with shredded documents that were P&C. Half-way through, I came across a file full of P&C Documents that I prefer to shred than sell as is to the recycling center. The normal grocery bag is not big enough to accomodate all the shredded documents so I decided to use a bigger bag for the purpose.

The original bag of Day 15

The new bag which is an XL plastic trash bag

Comparing the size of Bags 15 and 16

After merging the contents of bag 15

Another item that was P&C was my 1992 Diary. I went through every page to read my entries. Mostly work-related that I had to keep track for Weekly Reporting purpose. Then when I came to October 22, I read a sad entry. I wrote " My sister, Asmah, called to inform me of Grandpa's passing". For a moment I kept my silence because the feeling of missing grandpa came over me. He was my mentor and my guardian when I stayed with my grandparents from when I was seven to 11 years of age. Well, at least I have a date to remember me by.

I plan to sell the shredded items to the recycling centre maybe tomorrow. At the very least I can get the bags out of the way once and for all.

Now this XL trash bag will be my Day 15 Bag.

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and stay safe.





2 comments:

  1. I do not have a paper shredder at home so I usually cut with scissors or tear them into shreds before putting them into the trash bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially that's what I did. After I found out that I way a lot more to shred I bought a small paper shredder.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...