Wednesday, October 14, 2020

30 Bags in 30 Days - Bag 5 Part 2 of Day 4

 Today my goal is to complete what I had started on Day 4. I continued shredding my private emails and fill up the blue bag. Also I had the files dismantled and separated into trash, paper and steel. Both paper and steel will go on sale to the junkyard. I will only take these to the junkyard as soon as the box containing papers are full. Will show that box in the coming days. 

Shredded papers - Bag No. 2

2 Files that were 'dismantled' and
separated into Trash, Paper and Steel.
It means 2 files less from my stash.

Well, today is the first day of the second phase of the CMCO which literally means Conditional Movement Control Order. The reason behind CMCO was due to increase in number of new cases especially in Selangor, Putrajaya, and the Federal Territory. It is partial lockdown, and being in Selangor, my area is somewhat affected. How fast the virus spread and this is the Third wave of the pandemic. 

Now what does this mean? 

Can I leave my home?

Two persons in each household are allowed to travel. This is only for work, emergency and essential matters such as to purchase necessities like food and groceries.

(I shall do my bulk grocery shopping this coming Saturday)

How far can I travel?

Cross-district travel is not allowed. Police will be setting up roadblocks to control movement. In Selangor, for example, theres are nine districts - namely Gombak, Hulu Langat, Hulu Selangor, Klang, Kuala Langat, Kuala Selangor, Petaling, Sabak Bernam and Sepang. You should remain in your district.

(My plan to go back to Melaka and visit mum will be postponed to end of the month)

Do I need to go to work?

Most businesses will still be operating as usual. Only a few sectors will be closed, such as educational institutions and entertainment centres.

How do I get to work if my office is in another district?

An exception is made for people who need to travel cross-district for work. This is on the condition that they can show their work pass or letter of permission from their employer at roadblocks.

 Can I send my kids to school or a childcare centre?

No. All schools, colleges, universities, ttraining institutes and childcare centres will be closed.

I study at a private school and I am sitting for my International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination, what do I do?

The closure order applies to both public and private schools. Check with your school on hoew to sort out your examination.

Can I eat at restaurants?

No, dine-in is no longer allowed. Restaurants are still allowed to open but only for take-aways and deliveries.

Is there a time restriction for me to travel and business to operate?

Yes. The details will be announced soon. This will be updated when the information is available.

Can I exercise in a park?

No. All public parks and recrreational centres will be closed. You are also not allowed to go out for recreational activities such as excercising or riding the bicycle.

What if I insist even if someone tries to stop me?

Violating the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Regulations 2020 can land you an RM1,000 fine, or up to six months inprisonment, or both. Worse if you obstruct a public ooficial who is enforcing the conditional MCO, you can face up to two years in prison or a fine of up to RM10,000 fine or both under Section 186 of the Penal Code. 

Public Officers aren't only limited to the police and include public servants of various agencies, including local council officers.

Can I sing karaoke at an outlet?

No, entertainment outlets are not allowed to open.

I have a wedding to attend, can I?

No, wedding ceremonies are not allowed.

Can I pray at a place of worship?

All places of worship - Muslim and non-muslim - will be closed.

(This is really sad, actually. I shall miss being in a congregation.)

That rule and regulation was sent to me via Whatsapp but I will find out the source of info.

The CMCO will run for two weeks, that is, from 14th. Oct. to 27th Oct. 2020. Just have to continue being in Stay Home mode again. Anyway, what is the statistics for today that this action has to be taken?

Yup 660 cases - an all-time high since the 
pandemic started in Malaysia around March 2020.



Thank you for stopping by. A lengthy post today. Stay safe everyone.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...